Are you having a dinner party? These delicious Arancini canapés will be the perfect start to your evening.
Makes 10 canapés size bites
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 finely chopped onion
- 1/2 crushed garlic clove
- 60g finely chopped New Forest mushrooms
- 85g Arborio rice
- 35ml dry white wine
- 1/2 pint hot vegetable stock
- 1 free range Claytons egg beaten
- 60g fine bread crumbs
- Vegetable oil to fry
- 100g Lyburn farm garlic & nettle cheese (finely grated)
- Sweet Chilli Jam from The Real Jam & Chutney company for dipping
- Heat the olive oil in a pan- add the mushrooms & garlic. Fry over a gentle heat for 2-3- mins until softened. Add the mushrooms and fry for a further 2-3- mins until browned.
- Stir in the rice and coat in oil. Pour in the wine and simmer , stirring , until the liquid has been absorbed . Continue adding the stock little at a time until and liquid has been absorbed and the rice is plump & tender.
- Season to taste.
- Allow the risotto to cool completely. Stir in the grated cheese.
- Shape the risotto into small even balls.
- Roll the balls in the beaten egg and then into the bread crumbs.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a medium saucepan until 170c/340f, then fry the Arancini in small batches for approx. 2 minutes , until crisp and golden brown.
- Remove from pan , pat them dry on kitchen paper and serve with the sweet chilli jam
Recipe from Court House Catering