A quick and easy snack, good for lunch boxes and made from the store cupboard.
- 140g soft brown sugar
- 140g butter
- 2 tbsp honey
- 75g chopped nuts (see below)
- 140g dried fruit chopped (see below)
- 175g porridge oats
Cooking time: 30 minutes Cooking temperature:Gas 4 160°C
1. Grease and line a 20x20cm tin and turn oven on.
2. Place sugar, butter and honey in a med saucepan and warm gently.
3. Mix nuts, fruit and oats in a bowl.
4. When the butter mixture is melted add in the oat mixture and stir well.
5. Tip into tin and spread out.
6. Bake for about 30 minutes until lightly golden.
7. Cool in the tin then cut into 16.
Use your favourite combination or whatever you have in the cupboard.
- Nuts, Fruit
- Walnuts, dried apricots
- almonds, sultanas
- peanuts, dates
- pecans, figs
- pistachios, cranberries
- hazelnuts, glace or dried cherries
- sunflower seeds, raisins