A very tasty, easy and cheap meal. This can be served hot with a tomato sauce or onion gravy. Cold leftovers can be served with salad or be used for a lunchbox or picnic.
- 1 medium onion chopped fine
- ½ tsp dried herbs or use fresh ones
- 50g fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup or 1 tbsp tomato pureé
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg
- 500g minced beef or lamb or venison
- Salt and pepper
Gas 4 180°C
1. Place all the ingredients in a bowl and mix. Hands are best!
2. Press into a 600ml loaf tin or cake tin
3. Bake for about 1 hour.