Ripe summer fruit, meringue, and cream have got to be the best combination of flavours and textures. This is a favourite recipe for the Kid’s Kitchen at the New Forest Show.
- 450g strawberries hulled and roughly chopped
- About 75g meringues roughly broken but not crumbled
- 400ml lightly whipped double cream or crème fraîche or a mixture
Gently combine all the ingredients and serve in a large glass bowl or individual glasses.
- Use raspberries or a mix of strawberries and raspberries.
- Line a cake or loaf tin with clingfilm. Gently press the mixture into the tin. Freeze then remove from the tin and wrap. Remove from the freezer to the fridge half an hour before serving in slices.