More exciting than sausage rolls. You can serve them hot but they are good cold for lunchboxes or picnics.
- 1 sheet ready rolled puff pastry
- 8 sausages
- 4 tbsp of your favourite cheese grated
- 1 tbsp mustard (English, grain or Dijon)
- 1 beaten egg
gas 6 200°C fan 180°C
1. In a frying pan brown the sausages but don’t cook through.
2. Roll pastry from the long side so it is the right size to cut into 4 squares.
3. Spread some mustard over each square and scatter over the cheese.
4. Place 2 sausages on each square so they are each side of a point.
5. Fold the opposite point over then the 2 sides using the beaten egg to glue in place.
6. Brush with egg and put on a baking tray.
7. Bake for 20-30 minutes until golden.
- These are very good served with Red Onion Marmalade.
- Cut 3 red onions into wedges and fry until soft and browning in the pan you cooked the sausages in.
- Add 2 tbsp balsamic or red wine vinegar and 2 tbsp brown sugar and cook gently for 10 minutes.