- 1.2 – 1.5kg approx pork belly
- 1 ltr vegetable stock
- 200g puy green lentils
- Oil, preferably olive
- 200g onions, peeled and finely diced
- 5g mixed herbs
3 – 3 ½ hours
1. Rub oil and salt into the skin of the pork belly, and place in a roasting tin.
2. Put in a pre-heated over 220oC and cook for 30 minutes.
3. Turn oven down to 150oC and continue to cook for 2 ½ – 3 hours. Do not cover.
4. In the meantime, gently cook onions in a little oil until soft.
5. Add vegetable stock, lentils and mixed herbs.
6. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for approximately 40 minutes until the liquid has been absorbed.
7. Turn off the heat and set the pan aside.
8. 10 minutes before the end of the pork cooking time add the lentils to the roasting tin together with a cup of water and continue cooking until the lentils are heated through.
9. Remove and serve.